Monday 29 February 2016

Adverbs of frequency


We use adverbs of frequency- like sometimes or usually- to say how often we do things, or how often things happen. 




Examples

I always do my homework.
I sometimes go to the park.
I never go swimming.

Remember!
The adverb goes next to the verb.
I usually go to school by bus.
She sometimes plays volleyball.

How often?
Use 'how often' to ask a question.
How often do you play computer games?
I sometimes play computer games.

Other expressions:

  • once/twice a day / week / month / year
I brush my teeth twice a day.
I read a book once a week.
  • everyday
I have breakfast everyday.
  • three (or more) times a day / week / month / year
She goes swimming three times a week.
  • on Mondays/Tuesdays/ Wednesdays/...
He gets up at eight o' clock on Mondays.


Do you want to practice using adverbs of frequency in English? Play the games:

Choose the correct answer:


Hangman:



No comments: